We have been reading Anne Sexton's poem, "Courage" and Rudyard Kipling's poem "If". Both poems deal with the theme of courage. Which poem appeals most to you and explain why. Consider what the poet says and how each poet expresses his/her view.
Out of the two poems If and Courage, Courage is the one that stands out to me. One thing that I really like about this poem is how much personification it used. The first time I read the poem I thought it was about drugs then as i looked into it more i realized it was about abuse and hardship. My favorite thing in this poem is how he sees courage as a fire within. The repetitive in the If poem i do not really like. It just felt weird because if was used so many times it got kind of boring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment